Saturday, October 11, 2014

Playing with flannel

I decided to play with some flannel that I had in my stash (even though this project is not on my goal list).  I know that flannel doesn't tend to wear well but this stuff is so soft and beautiful that I really wanted to make something out of it. 

I bought all the flannel at the same online store so was surprised when some of it was quite a bit thinner than the rest (not a good omen for wear) and even when piecing it it was fraying a lot more than I expected. And, none of it was cheap!  It's a lesson learned!  

I designed this little quilt on a little app on my iPad called Quilt Studio. I played with the colours for quite a while before deciding on this arrangement. I was pleasantly surprised when all the measurements for material and sizes worked out. 

The finished square blocks are 12" and so the quilt is approximately 60x72 inches. I am going to back it with the herringbone brown and quilt it simply.  I think I am going to use wool batting to make it even softer.   I am very pleased with how it looks so far!  


As soon as I quilt it I will post more pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours in tis one - the vibrant orange with the blue and browns is striking! I am looking forward to seeing it after you finish the quilting.

    ReplyDelete