Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tumbler Lap Quilt



Although I don't usually like following other people's patterns I fell in love with a lap quilt kit I saw at the summer quilt show in Regina. Quilt Patch from Moose Jaw had a booth where they displayed several beautiful quilts and an assortment of their patterns. Among them were these beautiful little brown lap quilts with fuzzy backings.  They looked so warm and cuddly that I kept going back to the booth until I finally gave in and bought one. 

The kit called "Gezebella" came with an assortment of browns material and I added a bit of green to the mix and an extra two rows to make it a little bit larger. I quilted it freehand with a gorgeous gold thread in an overall leaf pattern.  I think it will make a great little Christmas present. 






No comments:

Post a Comment