Monday, September 29, 2014

Trying out hexies

Well last week was one of those weeks where we did nothing but running: doctors and funerals and work trips. So to let down I took a day off work Monday and decided to do some playing in my sewing room. 

I have never done hexies that were not split in pieces (kaleidoscope) before and I don't have patience for a lot of hand sewing so I tried doing them on the sewing machine. I watched a couple great little videos on you-tube and off I went.  It went together very easily. The first row or so I struggled but modified the method to one that works great for me and the rest just fell in place. 

So here is my try at hexies. All cotton (I should have kept the name of the material) I think I will bind it in the red/orange. It measures approx 47x42.  

No comments:

Post a Comment