Sunday, January 3, 2016

Comparison of 2015 goals to actual progress.

Comparison of 2015 goals to actual progress: 

Last year I committed to making 12 bed/lap quilts practicing different techniques.  Counting children's quilts I met the first part of that goal.  

While I met that goal I really wanted to explore more techniques than I did and finish more bed quilts.  At the end of the year I had four ready to quilt but took advantage of spending time with family instead of rushing to finish. I have 6 or 7 more in various stages of piecing.  That being said I wanted to produce 25 quilty pieces and finished 23... Not bad!  

Included in that number and shown above is a little (36") cat wall hanging. The background is a feeble attempt at a Ricky Tim conversion quilt using two pieces of my hand dyed fabric.  I also stole the cat shape idea from Hilary Florence's "nine lives".  Love the final piece..whimsical and fun. I used the same fabric to make the table runner below.  

Along with quilting for myself I continued to do some quilting for charities and others (not all shown) and hand dying. 

For some reason I seem to have given away finished quilts before taking pictures of them bound... So, I guess that's a great first goal for 2016. Remember to take better pictures (with a better camera) and set up to showcase the quilt  :-) .   

Stay tuned for 2016 goals

No comments:

Post a Comment