Sunday, September 27, 2015

Herringbone Quilts for twins

I finally finished the two little herringbone quilts that I did for newborn twins.  The quilts are kid size and not baby size, measuring approximately 56x62 each. The red,blue, and yellow one has 80:20 cotton batting. The other is poly.  I quilted one with nylon thread and the other with a variegated King Tut. 

I purposely quilted them differently to see what the difference was in feel and look. Although I am partial to heavy quilting, I like them both.  They are different.  Here you can see the difference! 

Here is one with binding I chose for both. 

And I forgot to take a picture of the two with binding.. Don't look too close or you will see I missed a piece that I had to go back and fix. 😒

The back is this great fuzzy fleece backing. 

Better pictures to come!